Now that Hoffa Massage Therapy is up and running I’ve been able to use Reese as a massage therapist regularly for the last six months. I’ve used him for my clients, for my wife and for myself and I think there are 5 reasons that Reese gives the absolute best massage.
- Reese is strong. For some reason I was scared of this part. I don’t know what I was picturing, it’s not like Reese accidentally rips the door off of hinges when he goes to open them, but for some reason I was worried he’d accidentally push too hard and break something. Instead, because he has the strength of 10 men, he just does all of the massage work effortlessly and tirelessly. Where other therapists would need to really lean in, use an elbow, or worse of all just give up on stubborn knots, Reese just kneads his way through them.
- Reese is knowledgeable. Reese really knows his stuff when it comes to massage. It was frustrating when he couldn’t go out to dinner for about 8 months while he was studying for massage school, but now his devotion to his study has really paid off for me. He’s incredibly knowledgeable about the human body and is constantly studying to continue making himself better.
- Reese is well versed. Reese was a professional athlete for well over a decade and has received every sort of recovery treatment you can. This shows when Reese stretches a muscle while he massages, it shows when he brings in special tools for stubborn areas and it shows when he refers people out for a different style of treatment. Reese is my go to authority when I need to know how to treat some small issue.
- Reese actually works out. Reese knows about exercise and what sorts of movements I do, so in addition to knowing where I’m likely to be tight, he knows when I need to do more or less of a certain exercise. This knowledge has been invaluable not only with my own training but when I send him my one on one clients for a touch up.
- Reese is stubborn. You don’t get to be a world champion without having some patience and willingness to work. When my shoulders were tight and I couldn’t figure out why, Reese was on the case. He didn’t stop poking and prodding until he actually solved the issue. It meant that he went past our hour spending time continuing talking to me, but it was worth it to him just to figure out the real cause.
- BONUS REASON One of my biggest pet peeves from therapists is they always ask what I want to work on then they do an extra thirty seconds on that area before going into the same massage they always do. With Reese, he was willing to spend the entire time on the areas that actually bothered me. I thought the knots in my back were just a permanent part of life until I had enough time with Reese for him to fix them.